Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Step Forward

It's hard to believe that in a matter of two short weeks, my life will change yet again. I will be surrounded by new people and living in a new place- actually people and a place that I call home, Boulder, but haven't been there since December. In just a 1,000 mile roadtrip with my awesome dad, I will pull into our new bachelorette pad on Pleasant and start my final year as a college kid. The perfect word to describe it all is bittersweet.

Life at camp was so easy to adjust to. Living outdoors, playing in the water, trying new activities and being submerged in the simple life- something I got used to and called my own quickly. It's a comforting feeling knowing I took a risk- I applied and came to camp not knowing a soul or what exactly I would be doing. Immediately it just felt right. It has been like every star aligned and I am exactly where I should be. And so as I get ready to leave this soothing, relaxing environment and enter the 'real world' I have to remind myself that it's yet another amazing opportunity coming my way.

I'm taking everything I learned whether it was from a 7 year old, 15 year old, from the late nights of stargazing, from the adventures sailing around the lake, the courage to get on stage and sing/dance, the willingness to try absolutely anything- from every counselor and friend who has shown me a brighter side to life and to a special boy who against all odds has shown me that good things are out and to enjoy each and every moment with a smile on your face and some faith in your heart.

It's another big leap but I'm ready.

1 comment:

JeanSpencer said...

Boulder is excited to have you back