Monday, October 27, 2008

my photograph

I just spent the last two hours sitting in Jean's room flipping through Vogue and some expensive shoe catalog (that we actually don't think even sells shoes but rather fantasies) and pulled out pages that inspired us or told adventurous stories. It's amazing the emotion that a camera can capture- the simple shadows or the full blown, vibrant colors- both give me instant memories or instant glances at my (dream) future. A 'soho' modern apartment with glass walls and high class furniture and the silhouette of two dancing lovers- sometimes I like to imagine myself in a big city, in a small apartment, with a little job, curled up in my couch watching Love Actually (yes Keeley and I watch the same movies..), sipping on hot coffee and glancing at the moving world around me. I could honestly fully imagine living in this photo.

If I could take a photograph of my life, it would be in black and white, classy. The mountains would be nuzzled in the back while the ocean would seep the foreground. Barefoot in a summer dress, I'd stand alone but my family and friends not too far off center. Nervous to make footprints yet I'd have forward motion. The trees would sway and leaves would fall but my strong stance would base me in the sand. My hair is down, my eyes are mysteriously seeking forward and there is nothing but possibility resting before me.

If only Vogue could capture that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good photographer could. Maybe that is what you should do -- art direction. The only draw back is when your client is not by choice........say McDonalds. That is why I didn't make it in advertising.