Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Little Things

It's been a week of the little things. It really has made me so thankful for life (how great does this apply to the month of november...)

From a late night movie on Sunday to last nights stargazing, two bottles of red wine, and being wrapped up in blankets as we waited for the snowfall that never came. From the repeating of the new Taylor Swift singles to busting out my winter scarves. From the holiday cups arriving at Starbucks to Obama being elected the new president.

I've become a big fan of November and all that it entitles. Even though my parents have turned down my tofurkey idea I am looking forward to Thanksgiving- the pumpkin pie, green beans, butternut squash, the infamous family photos, the morning Dipsea stairs run, the official beginning of Christmas music, watching 'Home For The Holidays', the afternoon walk through the colorful leaves and other family adventures that develop throughout the week.

I'm beyond thankful to even have these traditions and memories. It's amazing that I can feel so comfortable here in Boulder yet with 2 weeks till I return to the Bay, I can feel every muscle in my body pulling me west and calling me home.

2 comments:

Keeley said...

yay for home and thanksgiving!

Laura Lee said...

the west is the place to be. it will always call you. can't wait to have you here so soon!