Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Delightful Obsessions

Technically I think the term, state or feeling of obsess, obsessed or obsession contains quite the negative connotation. Its notorious definition seems to be an undesired emotion filled with sinful behavior. Well, sorry to all the dictionary sites I googled, but I am currently obsessed with all fully desired emotions and thoughts that lack nothing but fabulousness.

My current sinless obsessions... shall begin with the golden fall that has spread across Boston like warm butter on gluten-free bread seeping into New England's pores. I am struck by the beauty as I take my morning walks to the train and often stop to snap pictures for I fear the masterpiece could blow away over night. Thanks for the life changing app Instagram (special little shout out to Kevin & Nicole) I have taken some of the most magical and breathing photos of my life. Filled with crisply bright leaves that you can almost hear crinkle as the camera pulls in its deepest shades. Sunrises that bleed purple and form a orange lush halo over the city as I ride the T across the Charles. I probably look like a tourist but I am simply obsessed.

Although I am fully aware this blissful season and radiant colors will soon disappear, I am obsessed with the season and magic that follows. November 1st kicked off the Starbucks red holiday cups (but I totally got a sneak peek because that's what you get when you go every single day and make besties with the baristas...) and that was simply the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year. I'd like to say I wait until Thanksgiving before I bust out the jingles but ever since I started living where it snows, I changed my holiday routine. Whatever comes first- snow or November- the jingles shall commence. That being said, after a Halloween snow dusting, I am obsessed with Michael Buble's Christmas album and suddenly the world is just that much better. Soon to come are snowmen and mistletoe, snowflakes and wreaths and the warming of hearts as we ride into Christmas night.

We're going out of order... but I'm obsessed with the fact that in just TWO weeks I'll be in California with the entire fam and the besties that are too far for comfort. I can smell the turkey, roasted veggies and pumpkin pie from my little Boston apartment and I can fear the 8am Turkey Trot that dreadfully follows the infamous Novato High reunion at the local bars but there is nothing that will stop be from making it back and indulging in every moment. Even though the pictures I order from the wedding just arrived today, July seems forever ago and I need my dose of California and all her wonder.

My final current obsession... One Tree Hill. I used to watch the show with my college roomie Erika (who BTW is engaged!!!) and then we stopped watching when the drama was so intense I actually had dreams about the characters... but Netflix has all the episodes so really what's a girl gonna do. I need to see what happens to Peyton, Lucas, Nathan and Haliey! And let me tell you (I'm on season 7 so really I've just been plowing through) I love being taken away to this imaginary place where my problems cease to exist and I swear Nathan looks like Kevin. (Oh side note- this might be one of those bad obsessions the websites were telling me about...)

So there we have it- I am living in obsession. From the colors, to the sounds, the feelings and the future, they're all positively overwhelming sensations that wrap me warm at night. May I keep my positive vibes high as the temperature drops below satisfaction and the vanilla twilight covers my delicious fall world. But until then, another round of soy pumpkin spiced lattes on me.

1 comment:

Keeley said...

sweet sister, your delightful magic reaches far and wide. thank you for sharing your open and grateful spirit! i cannnnnot wai to see you.